A common problem we are seeing on any R52 or R53 MINI Cooper is the failure of the original Harmonic Vibration Damper (11 23 7 525 135). Over time and use, the rubber pieces of this system separate, causing the entire pulley to buckle. Any vehicle that suffers from this problem is completely undriveable. Promini has a solution that eliminates this issue at an incredible savings over the original MINI vibration damper.
Promini offers an SFI-Rated FluidGel Harmonic Damper (vibration
damper) available for the Mini Cooper and Cooper S. These dampers are made with an
internal steel inertia ring that is surrounded by a high viscosity
silicone gel. This internal inertia ring floats in a silicone gel to
combat the engine harmonics at all RPM ranges. This eliminates the
rubber dampening ring of the original equipment component which is the
common reason of lower crank pulley failure.
- Exceed SFI Specification 18.1 Requirements (This SFI Specification establishes uniform test procedures and minimum standards for evaluating and determining performance capabilities for
Crankshaft Hub Harmonic Dampers used by individuals engaged in competitive motorsports.)
- Accurate Crankbore for a proper pressed fit
- Easy to read engraved timing marks
- Manufactured from high grade billet carbon steel forgings
- 8.5% smaller than the standard original equipment underdrive pulley
For more information on how to replace this part, check out our tech tip!